What’s it good for?
Sports Massage is a great choice if you suffer from:
- Sports-specific injuries such as
- Shin splints
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Shoulder impingements and / or restrictions
- Patella Tracking pain / issues
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome (ITB Syndrome)
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Joint pain caused by sports activities, such as knee, ankle or elbow pain
- Muscle tension patterns and / or repetitive strain injuries caused by a sporting action
- DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)
- Want to improve recovery after a sporting event or training session
- Want to enhance sporting performance during training
Exercise places a tremendous stress on our body. Intense training brings about progressive fatigue and decrease in effectiveness in athlete’s activity. The Athlete, of all levels, from the new jogger to the professional marathon runner can become prone to injury. During sporting activity tremendous stress is placed on the tendons and ligaments, sometimes stretching them in excess and tearing muscle fibers. Fluid accumulates and creates soreness and stiffness.
Sports massage techniques stimulate the circulation and loosen the muscle fibers that have bonded together during exercise. This enhances Lymph circulation, lubricating the muscles, decreasing friction and removing toxins and acids from the body. Sports massage also assists with muscular injuries. Sports massage aims to increase body health, vitality and reduce the incidence of injuries. Sports Massage incorporates elements of Remedial massage to help loosen muscles and prevent injury to the athlete pre and post sporting events.