Code of Practice
As a member of the Association of Massage Therapists, I commit myself to the highest standards of practice.
- care for the health, wellbeing and comfort of my clients with the utmost skill appropriate to my current qualifications
- respect the privacy, modesty and dignity of my clients and maintain appropriate professional boundaries
- respect the beliefs, rights and values of my clients
- protect the confidentiality of my clients' personal information
- refer clients to an appropriate therapist if their needs are outside my scope of practice and training
- respect my fellow therapists in all disciplines
- commit myself to continuing professional development, sharing technical skills and raising professional standards
- endeavour to enhance the reputation of the massage therapy profession
- support the Association of Massage Therapists in all its ideals, principles, codes and standards
- refrain from conduct that adversely affects the reputation of the Association of Massage Therapists or the massage profession
- comply with the AMT Code of Practice and all applicable State, Territory and Federal laws
You can download an electronic version of the Code here.